Euro Car Parts Team PR Reilly – VOR Delivery Driver
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Euro Car Parts Ltd, part of the LKQ Corporation, is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK & Ireland. We employ 11,500 employees with over 300 branches, 14 hubs, 4 National Distribution Centers in the UK & Ireland.
Euro Car Parts is now part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe. We supply essential aftermarket components and consumables for cars and LCV’s. Each day, around 4,000 Euro Car Parts vans and bikes complete more than 82,000 customer deliveries to independent and franchised garages, body shops and fleet service centers across the UK and Ireland. In 2017 Euro Car Parts acquired one of Ireland’s largest and most successful automotive aftermarket Specialists, Team PR Reilly. Today Euro Car Parts Team PR Reilly operate a rapidly expanding network of branches throughout the Republic of Ireland and have enjoyed successive years of aggressive growth and expansion across both mechanical & specialist collision sectors
The Successful candidate will play an important role in the overall success of the branch success and will have the full support of the Euro Car Parts and LKQ Global network in achieving this. Euro Car Parts has grown to be much more than just a car parts company; we are now far greater than that. We recognise that our people are our most asset because they make the difference between good and great.
As a Delivery Driver in an ECP branch, you will be targeted to deliver orders to pro-actively maintain and develop the branch sales and profitability by ensuring orders arrive on time so that we can retain and enhance customer relationships
- To organise deliveries in a prompt and efficient manner and to maintain records as required.
- To maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times and to report any problems that may arise from goods or services supplied by the Company.
- Generate additional sales at the point of delivery, utilising marketing and promotional information.
- Provide marketing intelligence to Assistant Managers regarding competitor activity and potential business opportunities.
- To drive the branch delivery vehicle in a careful and courteous manner with due regard to the Road Traffic Act and Company Procedures and immediately notify of any pending endorsements or prosecutions against your licence.
- To keep the vehicle, clean at all times and carry out daily checks on oil, water, battery, lights, tyres, fuel and report any new damage.
- To carefully observe Company procedures regarding accidents and insurance claims and to report any accidents or other occurrence relating to the Company vehicle without delay.
- To ensure secure collection of payment for all cash on delivery invoices at time of delivery, unless otherwise directed by the Branch Manager or Assistant Manager, and to ensure its accuracy.
- To have due regard for Health and Safety of others whilst undertaking your duties.
- To immediately notify Assistant Manager of any vehicle defects and give advance warning of vehicle maintenance schedule.
- To assist with additional duties to maintain the working environment in a clean and tidy condition.
- To assist in the Warehouse with putting stock away, picking and audit support
- To carry out any reasonable request as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Promote a positive image of Euro Car Parts with staff, suppliers and customers at all times.
- Maintain personal appearance and conduct at all times in a fashion to compliment the Company’s professional standing. Wear and maintain Company issued uniform if provided.
- Participate in all training related functions as required by the company.
- Participate and take an active role in all team meetings.
- Participate and take an active part in branch stock take.
- Show initiative, is a result orientated individual with a can-do attitude
- Can multi-task with an ability to go above and beyond
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate in a positive manner
- Team orientated – works well with the team
- Positive attitude towards health & safety adhering to all Road Safety Authority driving standards
- Previous experience as a delivery driver is essential
- Motor Industry experience is desirable
- Full Clean Driver’s license is essential
- Strong knowledge of the county roads and surrounding areas to support delivery KPI’s is highly desirable
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on delivering the order in a safe manner within the target delivery timeline.
- Monday to Friday - 48.5 hours per week (Shift schedule will be implemented by your Branch Manager)
- Alternate Saturdays are required (Overtime Payment applicable for Saturday shift)
How we reward:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Career progression
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Benefits Platform
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Colleague Discounts